Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fieldwork

Last week was eventful and exciting for a number of reasons. On Monday, I started my fieldwork (same idea as student teaching, but it's only 3 weeks instead of 10). My partner and I are in a 6th grade classroom at Northridge Elementary and I LOVE every minute of it. The students and my cooperating teacher are absolutely fantastic! It's so fun to see the things that I'm learning in school FINALLY being put to use. This week was basically just observing the students and how the teacher runs the class. We also get to help students with their assignments, take them to recess/P.E., and grade MOUNTAINS of assignments. It has been so fun interacting with the students.
This week will be the real test for me. I am required to teach a minimum a 5 Social Studies lessons, 2 of which must include some form of Creative Arts, and 1 must be a "Technology Rich" lesson. This is all on top of my other homework which includes: journal entries for about 4 of my 6 classes, reading, preparing for two or three presentations, designing an intervention for a student who is either struggling in school or not being challenged enough, interviewing various faculty members at the school, and a 15-20 page Teacher Work Sample. I'm pretty sure there's more, but my brain just doesn't even want to think about it at the moment.

1 comment:

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I went to Northridge Elementary! It is the best! Also, congrats on the mission papers! Tanner just got home from his a couple of weeks ago.