Sunday, October 19, 2008

Random Salt Lake Trip

Last Saturday my friend Jess and I decided we wanted to do something fun and new so we decided to take a trip to Salt Lake. First we went to Gardiner Village and walked around a few of their shops. The Halloween decorations were incredible! Unfortunately, everything up there is way expensive so I wasn't able to buy anything.

Our next stop was dinner. As you can see, we ended up going to Sizzler. I spent $15 on a Salad Bar and some delicious Strawberry Lemonade (they put REAL strawberries in it)! It reminded me of when I was little because Grandma and Grandpa Gibson used to come down to my house and take my family to Sizzler for dinner every once in a while. I loved their Soft Serve ice cream!


After dinner we drove to the Draper temple. It is GORGEOUS and it looks a lot like the Mount Timpanogos Temple. We also looked at the new ridiculously HUGE houses that are being built up there. Most of them are designed to look like castles. There was one house that you actually have to drive under an arch to get to the driveway.

Our next stop was the most amazing grocery store I have ever seen- Harmon's. It had two floors, the top one was for eating while the bottom floor was obviously for shopping. They had everything you could ever imagine: nice kitchen supplies, tons of food (of course- it is a grocery store), school supplies, and a machine to measure cholesterol levels (you'll be happy to know that mine was just fine). Oh, and who can forget the amazing bathrooms? They had doors-not stalls, plus they had an automatic soap dispenser (I've never seen one), and the usual automatic faucets and paper towel dispensers. It's okay if you're laughing at me right now for being amused so easily (the rest of my family did), I had TONS of fun!!!


2 comments:

Rebecka said...

Great Photos! Thanks for your sweet email.

Woodworth Family said...

Yea! New posts! Sounds like a lot of fun! Way to go on keeping up that social life of yours. Sizzler always reminds me of G-ma & G-pa Gibson too.